Time: 7:30 a.m. - 4:45 p.m.
Provider #: 4-0094-12-16-102
Continuing Education Unit Hours: 8.4
Cardiologists, catheterization lab nurses and technicians
- Discuss the risks and benefits of radial artery access as compared to the femoral approach during cardiac catheterization.
- To understand the benefits and different aspects of the transapical and transfemoral replacement procedures.
- Evaluate the prevalence of heart disease in the female population.
- Identify key elements of a “STEMI” network.
- Discuss benefits for the patients and the hospital.
- Discuss current strategies for the management of heart failure.
- Discuss the different aspects of the NOGA guided cardiac stem cell delivery system during a cardiac catheterization procedure.
- Discuss the rationale and benefits of Impella device usage during an electrophysiology ablation procedure.
Please click on the link to the right of the page to register. Fee includes continental breakfast and lunch. Refunds for cancellations made by September 24, 2013 will incur a $10 processing fee. No refunds for cancellations made after September 26, 2013. For more information, please contact Lynn Pallister at (502) 587-4122.
||Registration and Continental Breakfast
Radial Approach Catheterization, Aaron Satran, MD, Louisville Heart Specialists
||Transapical and Transfemoral Valve Replacement, Matthew Williams, MD, University of Louisville
||Heart Disease in Women, Kendra Grubbs, MD, University of Louisville Cardiothoracic Surgical Associates
||Aspects of the STEMI network Sean Stewart, MD Louisville Heart Specialists
||The Practical Management of Heart Failure, Kelly McCants, MD, Assistant Professor , University of Louisville Physicians
||NOGA Guided Cardiac Stem Cell Delivery, Michael Flaherty, MD, Assistant Professor University of Louisville School of Medicine
||Use of the Impella Device during Ablations, Brad Sutton, MD Assistant Professor University of Louisville Physicians
Evaluation must be filled out to obtain CEU credit
Submitted to the Kentucky Board of Nursing for 8.4 contact hours.
Provider number: 4-0094-12-16-102-Expiration date of approval: 12-31-13
Requirements for completion:
1. Attendance at entire offering
2. Completion of program evaluation
Kentucky Board of Nursing approval of an individual nursing continuing education provider does not constitute endorsement of program content.
Submitted to the Kentucky Radiation Health and Toxic Agents Branch for 7 CEU’s.
Jewish Hospital Rudd Heart and Lung Center
201 Abraham Flexner Way
Hank Wagner Conference Center
Louisville, KY 40202
Get Driving Directions
|Physicians, KentuckyOne Employees, UofL Residents/Students/Interns
|Nurses, PA’s, Allied Health Professionals