Jewish Hospital and Kentucky Organ Donor Affiliates Host Donate Life Event
What: Jewish Hospital and Kentucky Organ Donor Affiliates (KODA) will host an education and awareness event in celebration of Donate Life Month and give community members the opportunity to join the organ donor registry. Activities will focus on supporting Donate Life America’s new campaign – 20 Million in 2012 – which looks to add 20 million new organ eye and tissue donors to the state donor registries in 2012. Materials will be available to educate individuals on the importance of organ donation.
When: Monday, April 30, 2012
11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Where: Jewish Hospital
Chestnut Street Side Lobby
200 Abraham Flexner Way
• Donor families and recipients of life-saving organ donations will be available for interviews
• Donor mother will speak to the group at 1:45 p.m.
• Butterfly release at 2 p.m. to celebrate the lives of organ donors (weather permitting)
• Kentucky Organ Donor Affiliates assisting people in joining the organ donor registry
• Representatives from the University of Louisville Lions Eye Bank
• Representatives from the National Kidney Foundation
• Representatives from the American Red Cross
ABOUT JEWISH HOSPITAL
Jewish Hospital, a part of KentuckyOne Health, is an internationally renowned high-tech tertiary referral center developing leading-edge advancements in hand and microsurgery, heart and lung care, cancer care, home care, rehab medicine, sports medicine, orthopaedics, neuroscience, occupational health, organ transplantation and outpatient and primary care. Site of the world’s first successful hand transplant, the world’s first and second successful AbioCor® Implantable Replacement Heart procedures, and world’s first trial of cardiac stem cells in chronic heart failure, the hospital is in the select group that performs heart, lung, liver, kidney and pancreas transplantation.