Dedicated Patient Care Units
At Jewish Hospital, our neuroscience-dedicated patient care units provide multiple levels of care in one specialized location. Located on the fifth floor of Jewish Hospital, our neuroscience units have been specifically designed and equipped to meet the neurological needs of our patients. Nurses in this area are specially trained in neurological and stroke care.
- Neuro ICU - dedicated to neurological patients in need of intensive or transitional levels of nursing care
- Medical/Surgical - a step-down unit dedicated to neurological patients requiring a medical/surgical level of care
- 5 East – a mixed level of care unit providing medical/surgical and intermediate care
- Emergency Stroke Center - specially equipped with monitored beds
At Sts. Mary & Elizabeth Hospital, our neurological patients get the same emergent care from the same group of neurologists as patients at Jewish Hospital. We offer two units with designated stroke beds and stroke trained nurses. Patients requiring neurosurgery or neurovascular intervention are transferred to Jewish Hospital for more extensive services.
- ICU – dedicated unit for patients in need of intensive or transitional levels of nursing care
- 3B – dedicated stroke unit