The new 15-story, state-of–the-art Frazier Rehab and Neuroscience Center is home to Frazier Rehab Institute’s 135-bed, acute rehab hospital. Accredited by the Joint Commission, Frazier Rehab Institute combines the expertise of its team with this unique facility to offer the most advanced rehab therapies in an attractive, comfortable environment. Features include:
- Spectacular views of the city skyline in therapy gyms, patient rooms and the multipurpose dining room
- Private family education rooms
- Spacious, comfortable, private patient rooms and bathrooms
- 42-inch plasma screen televisions
- Free cable and internet access
The spacious, private rooms provide the opportunity for a family member to stay overnight with the patient if the family wishes and if the overnight stay is in the patient’s best interest.
Treatment areas have been specially designed and equipped with the therapy needs of the neurologic patient in mind. Frazier’s therapeutic approaches and equipment address difficulty with balance, sitting, mobility, self-care, vision, cognition, behavior, emotions, communication and swallowing. Each patient will be assessed, and an individualized therapy program will be designed that may include:
- Dynavision for visual perception
- Biometrics for upper extremity rehab
- Robotic arm therapy featuring two robotic arms for improving movement in the shoulder and elbow as well as the wrist and hand.
- Overhead lifts for transfers, standing and walking
- Motomed and nusteps for exercise and retraining
- Fluoroscopy and endoscopy for swallow evaluation
- Ramps, curbs, stairs and parallel bars for ambulation therapy
- Therapy pool for exercise
Pediatric patients have access to the equipment mentioned previously, as well as to a pediatric unit specifically designed and equipped for children with neurologic injuries and illnesses. The pediatric unit includes:
- Colorful therapy gym with a wide array of specialized equipment
- Sensory integration gym loaded with swings, slides and a climbing apparatus
- Snoezelen room designed to provide sensory stimulation in a calming environment
- The Ronald McDonald House Family Room for family gathering and relaxation
- The LaRosa Lounge for dining and fun activities such as karaoke
On the Frazier grounds, there is also an outside therapy area that contains playground equipment and mobility space.