The new 15-story, state-of–the-art Frazier Rehab and Neuroscience Center is home to Frazier Rehab Institute’s 135-bed, acute rehab hospital. Accredited by the Joint Commission, Frazier Rehab Institute combines the expertise of its team with this unique facility to offer the most advanced rehab therapies in an attractive, comfortable environment on the Kosair Charities Pediatric Pavilion at Frazier Rehab Institute. The Pavilion is specifically designed and equipped to meet the rehab needs of children. Because we know the importance of you being close to your child during inpatient rehabilitation, Frazier Rehab allows a primary caregiver to stay in the room with the child, even overnight. Additional accommodations, as well as meals and laundry facilities are available through our partnership with the Ronald McDonald House, located less than one block away.
For kids, everyday playtime activities can be therapeutic. As an extension of the innovative therapies performed indoors, Frazier Rehab also offers our pediatric patients an outdoor playground that provides a natural environment for therapeutic activities. Children and parents can play together, and therapists can provide activities in this setting to help the child achieve goals toward recovery. The playground is adapted for wheelchair users and is a pleasant, stimulating space that is fun for everyone.
For children requiring an inpatient stay, the Kosair Charities Pediatric Pavilion at Frazier Rehab Institute includes:
- Spacious, comfortable, private patient rooms and bathrooms
- Private family education rooms
- 42-inch plasma screen televisions
- Free cable and internet access
- Colorful therapy gym with a wide array of specialized equipment
- Sensory integration program and sensory treatment gym
- Snoezelen Room designed to provide sensory stimulation in a calming environment
- Ronald McDonald House Family Room located on the eighth floor for family gathering and relaxation
- Larosa Lounge located on the eighth floor for family dining and fun activities
- Families from out of town have access to the Ronald McDonald House located one block west of Frazier’s Medical Campus