Jewish Hospital & St. Mary’s HealthCare is dedicated to effective communication with all patients, family members, and visitors—including those with special needs. For those needing language assistance or help for the deaf and hard of hearing, we offer an array of services including:
- Spoken languages (foreign languages) 24 hours a day, seven days a week, through dual-handset telephones, cordless phone, video remote interpretation, and face-to-face interpretation
- Instant access to qualified and experienced medical interpreters who are available in more than 200 languages through a partnership with Language Services Associations, Inc.
- On-site American Sign Language (ASL) medical interpreter, available by appointment
- Video remote interpreting services for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing and patients with Limited English Proficiency (LEP), accessible on a laptop computer with a 2 megapixel camera
- Telephones with amplified devices for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing
- Closed captioned television sets
For more information on language services, please contact the Manager of Patient Care Health Equity at (502) 587-2829.