We commit to building healthy communities by investing in health activities, educational endeavors and community enrichment. During the 2009 fiscal year, JHSMH provided $53,795,358 in community benefit to the communities we serve.
We fund lifesaving research and high-tech medical care—often pioneering services that are state and national firsts. We care for people in their own neighborhoods through our community hospitals, outpatient centers, mobile occupational health clinics, and physician offices. We have the area’s largest home health agency, serving the homebound in 41 counties. And we provide specialty care in mental health and rehabilitation that is among the best in the nation.
To continue this tradition of excellence, the organization’s first responsibility is to execute its mission of providing health care services of world-class quality to all people. As a not-for-profit, charitable organization, JHSMH must wisely steward its resources to best meet the needs of the patients we serve and those who serve them.
Therefore, when community organizations seek the support and involvement of JHSMH, we will focus on opportunities that meet one (and preferably several of) the following criteria…
- Improve the health of our community
- Support the education, development, recruitment and retention of high quality health care professionals
- Complement and advance an area of JHSMH clinical excellence
- Improve the lives of people who are medically underserved
- Demonstrate clear, measurable annual goals that benefit the community/target population
- Demonstrate the active involvement of JHSMH team members
Excluded from consideration are:
- Requests from organizations outside areas in which JHSMH provides services
- Requests from religious organizations for religious purposes
- Requests from individuals
- Requests from primary or secondary schools (unless the school has a formal partnership or contractual relationship existing with JHSMH)
- Requests from political organizations
- Requests for capital improvement projects
- Requests for annual operating support or debt reduction
- Generally, requests for multi-year sponsorships are also excluded
Click here to read our 2009 report.
If your request meets these requirements, please send it to:
Community Involvement Committee
c/o Lisa Jennings
Jewish Hospital & St. Mary’s HealthCare
250 East Liberty St. Suite 300
Louisville, KY 40202
- Requests for support must be submitted in writing to the Community Involvement Committee. If a personal meeting is needed, the Committee will initiate it after a preliminary review.
- Requests must be submitted at least 6 weeks in advance of the date of the event or project; the Committee meets once a month to review requests.
- Requests should be brief and include:
- A brief introduction of the organization, its mission and history
- A concise explanation of the proposed partnership and how it furthers JHSMH’s mission and/or funding priorities including details about the event or project date, location, etc.
- A current listing of the organization’s Board of Directors
- Responses will be sent to requestors of support in writing about the next step, if any, in the application process.