When you just can’t seem to lose the weight that’s causing you serious health problems, LAP-BAND® surgery can be the step that helps you finally succeed. For people suffering from severe obesity and related health conditions, weight-loss surgery may be a solution. The LAP-Band® System is safer, less invasive, and more effective than other types of weight-loss surgery.
For best results, patients need to actively participate in a multi-disciplinary weight-loss program, which includes nutritional, emotional and exercise counseling.
Jewish Bariatric Care has a highly trained team located at Sts. Mary & Elizabeth Hospital. They are committed to providing the highest level of care every step of the way.
Drs. John Olsofka and Vincent Lusco, III of Louisville Surgical Bariatric Associates, (and surgeons for Jewish Bariatric Care at Sts. Mary & Elizabeth Hospital), are board certified general surgeons with special training in advanced laparoscopy and special interest in minimally invasive surgical techniques. All have received specific training in the surgical placement of the LAP-BAND® System, and this group has performed thousands of Lap-Band ® procedures. The procedure takes about 30 minutes, and most patients are able to return to work in less than one week. LAP-BAND ® is also completely reversible and is safe for women who may become pregnant.
Jewish Bariatric Care and Louisville Surgical Bariatric Associates have developed the only program in the region designed exclusively for the care and management of the LAP-BAND® System patient. Jewish Bariatric Care at Sts. Mary & Elizabeth Hospital includes:
- A multidisciplinary team committed to providing the highest level of care at every phase of the program. Team members include: Surgeons, Bariatric Coordinator and Dietitian. Access to psychological services is also available
- Pre-operative evaluation and all follow-up care provided by the surgeons
- All pre-operative testing done in one day
- On going post-operative support available with Bariatric Nurses, Dietitian and Exercise Physiologist
- Monthly support group meetings
- Immediate surgery dates are available for self-pay patients
- Most surgeries done on an outpatient basis
- Morbid obesity is associated with a number of life-threatening conditions including type 2 diabetes; cancer and hypertension that can be improved with sufficient weight loss. Surgery can help take control of the weight and life. The LAP-BAND ® System is the only minimally invasive, adjustable and reversible FDA-approved surgical obesity treatment.
For more information, or to register for a free seminar explaining the procedure, please call (502) 361-6059. Or you can view the seminar online.
Watch a video to learn more about Lap-Band Surgery.