Debbie Waiz Endoscopy Symposium
Time: 7:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m.
Provider #: 4-0094-12-16-119
Continuing Education Unit Hours: 6.7, ABCGN GI Specific CEUs: 5
The Debbie Waiz Endoscopy Symposium is a regional meeting for the purpose of presenting information about current and emerging diagnostic and therapeutic techniques for endoscopy and their application in the healthcare setting. By bringing together endoscopy healthcare professionals from different areas of practice, this meeting also provides a forum for networking and idea exchange which ultimately improves nursing practice and patient care.
- Discuss the signs and symptoms, risk factors for, and incidence of anal cancer
- Review treatment modalities for anal cancer and the role of endoscopy in treatment and surveillance
- Define Solitary Pulmonary Nodule (SPN) and discuss the workup of SPN
- Examine the roles of Endobronchial Ultrasound and Navigational Bronchoscopy in the workup of SPN
- Determine the different roles of endoscopy in the management of Barrett’s Esophagus
- Describe the endoscopic techniques for treatment of Barrett’s Esophagus with dysplasia and intramuscosal adenocarcinoma
- Review the data regarding fecal transplantation and refractory Clostridium Difficile infection
- Discuss fecal transplantation method and protocols
- Review cases where fecal transplantation may be appropriate
- Understand the indications for and review the risks and benefits of small bowel enteroscopy
- Discuss different imaging technologies and therapeutic possibilities using small bowel enteroscopy
- Introduction to new guidelines for gastroparesis
- Discussion of the use of Gastric Electrical Stimulation for gastroparesis
Agenda and Speakers
7 - 8:00 a.m. Registration, Vendor Exhibits, Continental Breakfast
8 - 8:10 a.m.Welcome and Announcements
8:10 -9:00 a.m. Anal Cancer Dr. Wayne Tuckson, Colorectal Surgeon, Louisville, Ky
9 - 9:50 a.m. Navigational Bronchoscopy Dr. Tanya Wiese, Interventional Pulmonologist, Louisville, Ky
9:50 - 10:10 a.m. Break, Vendor Exhibits
10:10 - 11:00 a.m.The Endoscopic Management of Barrett’s Esophagus Dr. Ben Evans, Gastroenterologist, Louisville, Ky
11 - 11:50 a.m.Fecal Transplant Dr. Tom Frazier, Gastroenterologist, Louisa, Ky
11:50 a.m. - 12:20 p.m. Panel Discussion of SGNA Certification for Endoscopy Nurses and Technicians
12:20 - 1:20 p.m. Lunch, Vendor Exhibits
1:20 - 2:10 p.m. Small Bowel Enteroscopy Dr. Mitchell Kaplan, Gastroenterologist, Louisville, Ky
2:10 - 3:00 p.m. The Permanent Gastric Stimulator Dr. Tom Abell, Gastroenterologist, Louisville, Ky
Click here for information about our speakers.
Registration: Deadline to Register on-line is 1/18/13, deadline for paper registration is 1/18/13.
Registration is limited to the first 150 registrants.
Fees: $30 KentuckyOne Health employees on-line registration; $35 Non-KentuckyOne Health employees on-line registration; $40 all paper registrations.
Advance Registration is required. No walk-in registration is available.
Cancellation Policy: Refunds will be made only if requested in writing by Jan 18, 2013. Refunds for cancellations will incur a $10 charge if the registration was paid by check.
License number is required for Continuing Education credit.
Nursing Accreditation: This offering had been approved by the Kentucky Board of Nursing for 6.7 contact hours. The Debbie Waiz Symposium Provider Offering # 4-0094-12-16-119.This offering has applied for GI specific contact hours by the ABCGN. CEUs will be posted on the website once they are approved.
Requirements for Successful Completion of the Offering:
Participants must attend the entire program and complete a post-course evaluation. A state nursing license is required for awarding of CEUs and must be presented at check-in on the day of the program. Kentucky Board of Nursing approval of an individual nursing continuing education provider does not constitute endorsement of the program content.
Jewish Hospital Rudd Heart and Lung Center
200 Abraham Flexner Way
Louisville, KY 40202
Get Driving Directions
|JHSMH Team Members