Esophageal Dysphagia: Evaluation and Treatment Planning
Speaker(s): Tom Franceschini, M.S.,CCC SLP
Continuing Education Unit Hours: 8
- Describe the anatomy and physiology of the esophagus and understand how swallowing and voice disorders occur from disorders of the esophagus.
- Develop understanding of the etiology of Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease and how it relates to disorders of swallowing and voice.
- Explain how to incorporate the evaluation of the esophagus and how to interpret the findings of an esophagram as it relates to managing patients with dysphagia.
- Identify various disorders of the esophagus.
- Describe the various treatment options of these same disorders
8:00-10:00 Part I: Esophageal Considerations
Anatomy and Physiology of the
Role of the SLP in Esophageal
Esophageal Disorders and
10:15-10:45 Esophageal Considerations (Cont.)
10:45-12:00 Part II: Gastroesophageal Reflux
Disease (GERD) and Laryngeal-
Pharyngeal Reflux (LPR) in Adults
Etiology and Physiology of GERD
Oral, Laryngeal Otological and
12:00-1:00 Lunch (on your own)
1:00-2:30 GERD and LPR
2:30-3:30 Part III: GERD/LPR in Infants,
Children, and Teenagers
Asthma and GERD in the
3:45-5:15 Part IV: Pediatric GERD
Medical Management & Surgery
5:15-5:30 Questions & Wrap Up
Jewish Hospital Rudd Heart and Lung Conference Center
201 Abraham Flexner Way
Louisville, KY 40202
Get Driving Directions
|St. Joe/ULH/VNA employee