Esophageal Dysphagia: Evaluation and Treatment Planning
Speaker(s): Tom Franceschini, M.S.,CCC SLP
Continuing Education Unit Hours: 8
Register 1 or more individuals:
• Appreciate the anatomy and physiology of the esophagus and understand how swallowing and voice disorders occur from disorders of the esophagus.
• Understand the etiology of Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease and how it relates to disorders of swallowing and voice.
• Will know how to incorporate the evaluation of the esophagus or how to interpret the findings of an esophagram as it relates to managing patients with dysphagia.
• Become familiar with various disorders of the esophagus.
• Understand the various treatment options of these same disorders.
7:30-8:00 Check In and Registration
800-1000 Part I: Esophageal Considerations
• Anatomy and Physiology of the Esophagus
• Role of the SLP in Esophageal Screenings
• Esophageal Disorders and Management Considerations
10:15-10:45 Esophageal Considerations (Cont.)
10:45-12:00 Part II: Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) and Laryngeal- Pharyngeal Reflux (LPR) in Adults
• Etiology and Physiology of GERD
• Oral, Laryngeal Otological and Pulmonary Symptomology
1:00-2:30 GERD and LPR Management Options
2:30-3:30 Part III: GERD and LPR in Infants, Children, and Teenagers
• Asthma and GERD in the Pediatric Population
3:45-5:15 Part IV: Drug Pediatric GERD (Cont.)
• Medical Management and Surgery
5:15-5:30 Questions and Wrap Up
Jewish Hospital Rudd Heart and Lung Conference Center
201 Abraham Flexner Way
Louisville, KY 40202Get Driving Directions
|Student (must show valid ID)