Jewish Bariatric Care Lap-Band Seminar April 22, 2013
Time: 5:30 p.m.
For people suffering from severe obesity and related health conditions, weight-loss surgery may be a solution. Dr. John Olsofka and Dr. Chris Theuer of Louisville Surgical Bariatric Associates will be discussing the LAP-Band® System at a free seminar on Monday, April 22, 5:30 p.m. at Jewish Hospital Shelbyville.
Drs. Olsofka and Theuer are board certified general surgeons with special training in advanced laparoscopy, and with specific training in the surgical placement of the LAP-BAND® System. The outpatient procedure takes about 30 minutes, and most patients are able to return to work in less than one week. LAP-BAND® is also completely reversible and is safe for women who may become pregnant.
Jewish Bariatric Care and Louisville Surgical Bariatric Associates have developed the only program in the region designed exclusively for the care and management of the LAP-BAND® System patient. Louisville Surgical Associate’s Bariatric Program was established in 2004 and the physicians have since completed nearly 3,000 procedures. The bariatric program – at St. Mary & Elizabeth Hospital and now Jewish Hospital Shelbyville – includes:
- A multidisciplinary team committed to providing the highest level of care at every phase of the program. Team members include: Surgeons, Bariatric Coordinator and Dietitian. Access to psychological services is also available.
- Pre-operative evaluation and all follow-up care provided by the surgeons.
- All pre-operative testing done in one day (at St. Mary & Elizabeth Hospital).
- On going post-operative support available with Bariatric Nurses, Dietitian and Exercise Physiologist.
- Monthly support group meetings (at St. Mary & Elizabeth Hospital).
- Immediate surgery dates are available for self-pay patients.
- Outpatient procedure.
Morbid obesity is associated with a number of life-threatening conditions including type 2 diabetes, cancer and hypertension that can be improved with sufficient weight loss. The LAP-BAND ® System is the only minimally invasive, adjustable and reversible FDA-approved surgical obesity treatment.
For more information, or to register for a free seminar explaining the procedure, please call (502) 361-6059 or visit www.jhsmh.org/Health-Services/Bariatric-Care.aspx.