Executive Dysfunction: Strategies for Intervention
Speaker(s): Thea Sellers,Misty Agne, Melissa Stover, Leigh Ann Wiedmar, M.S., CCC-SLP
Continuing Education Unit Hours: 7
- Explain the definition, theories, anatomy and physiology of executive functioning.
- Review standardized and non standardized assessment tools for evaluating executive functioning and discuss interpretation of results.
- Write objective and measurable goals and summary statements for clinical documentation of executive functions.
- Identify, select, and implement appropriate metacognitive strategies and therapy approaches for the rehabilitation of executive dysfunction.
- Assist clients in the selection and application of effective compensatory strategies/tools to facilitate improved functional performance in the areas of goal setting, time management, planning/organization, problem solving, and decision making.
- Describe metacognitive strategies for clinical management of behavioral and emotional dysregulation.
7:30 a.m. Registration and Continental Breakfast
8 a.m. Introduction to Executive Functions
9 a.m. Assessment of Executive Functions
10:15 a.m. Break
10:30 a.m. Interviewing for Executive Functions
11 a.m. Foundations for Treatment
12 p.m. Lunch (on your own)
1 p.m. Self-Awareness & Self-Evaluation
2 p.m. Behavioral & Emotional Self-Regulation
3 p.m. Break
3:15 p.m. Documentation
4:00 p.m. Patient Panel Discussion
4:30 p.m. Adjourn
Jewish Hospital Rudd Heart and Lung Conference Center
201 Abraham Flexner Way
Louisville, KY 40202
Get Driving Directions
|VNA/St Joe Employee
|Student (must show valid ID)