Sts. Mary & Elizabeth Hospital Completes Construction of Central Utility Plant
What: Sts. Mary & Elizabeth Hospital, part of KentuckyOne Health, completes construction of new $16 million Central Utility Plant (CUP) replacing boilers, chillers and air handling units, which may have been in place for as long as 53 years, with state-of-the-art, energy efficient equipment. The CUP also provides flood protection for the hospital’s mechanical systems.
When: Wednesday, April 11, 2012
Where: Sts. Mary & Elizabeth Hospital
1850 Bluegrass Avenue
The CUP is located in the back parking lot off Churchman Ave.
· Lieutenant Governor Jerry Abramson
· Mayor Greg Fischer
· Jim Parobek, president/CEO, Sts. Mary & Elizabeth Hospital
· Frank Harshaw, president/CEO of Harshaw Trane, construction manager and energy consultant for the project
· Representatives from project partners Facility One, engineers from Staggs & Fisher and architectural firm Stengel Hill
· Dedication ceremony
· Tour of the CUP
About Sts. Mary & Elizabeth Hospital
Sts. Mary & Elizabeth Hospital, a part of KentuckyOne Health, is a 298-bed, full-service hospital, founded by the Sisters of Charity of Nazareth in 1874. SMEH offers a full range of vascular, orthopaedic, cardiac, medical imaging, surgical and emergency services, a wound healing center, sleep disorders center and has three medical plazas on campus to provide office space for a wide array of physicians representing a number of specialties. Additionally, SMEH is home to Jewish Bariatric Care, the region’s only weight-loss management program utilizing the Lap-Band® System and The Women’s Center, a state-of-the-art diagnostic facility specifically for women.