KentuckyOne Health Employee Nurse Extern Program
If you are a KentuckyOne Health employee and a nursing student, we are accepting applications for the 2013 Summer Extern Nursing Program. The program will be held at the Jewish Hospital, Sts. Mary & Elizabeth Hospital and Our Lady of Peace. The deadline for appying is April 15, 2013.
The Summer Extern Program is designed to enable nursing students to enhance school experience with patient care management, organizational, and time management skills. The extern will be under the guidance of a RN preceptor on their choice of facility and unit, and will gain valuable experience, 3 college credit hours paid for by KentuckyOne Health, and a stipend of $12 per hour during the program.
Dates: May 20-June 26, 2013
- Externs must graduate between Fall 2013 and Spring 2014
- Educational loan student, KentuckyOne team member, or those interested in working for KentuckyOne are qualified to apply
- Current employees must work regularly scheduled hours in addition to extern hours (Extern hours are 12 hour days on Tue and Wed; or 8 hour days on Tues, Wed, Thurs)
- Students currently seeking LPN degree are not eligible to apply
How to Apply:
- Additional information and the application are available online.
- Contact Corey Jones at CoreyJones@KentuckyOneHealth.org or at 502-333-8172
- Positions will be filled on a first come first serve basis; applications will be accepted until April 15, 2013.