Jewish Hospital and Kentucky Organ Donor Affiliates Celebrate Donate Life Month
Jewish Hospital, part of KentuckyOne Health, and Kentucky Organ Donor Affiliates (KODA) will celebrate Donate Life Month by honoring organ donor families and recipients at a community event on Thursday, April 11. The event will provide education and awareness information, as well as give community members the opportunity to join the organ donor registry.
What: Donate Life Celebration Recognizing Organ Donor Families and Recipients
When: Thursday, April 11, 2013
Where: Jewish Hospital
Chestnut Street Lobby
200 Abraham Flexner Way
· Donor families and recipients of life-saving organ donations will be available for interviews
· University of Louisville Transplant Surgeons Mark Slaughter, M.D., and Christopher Jones, M.D., will speak and be available for interviews
· Paul O’Flynn, CEO, KODA
· Heart Transplant recipient will speak to the group at 1:45 p.m.
· Presentation to organ donor families and organ recipients
· Kentucky Organ Donor Affiliates and Trust for Life assisting people in joining the organ donor registry
· Representatives from the University of Louisville Lions Eye Bank
· Representatives from the National Kidney Foundation