Saint Joseph Heart Institute and American Heart Association Unveil New Heart Health Patch Program with Local Girl Scouts
Community and Media Relations Manager
Cell Phone: 502-648-3411
Saint Joseph Heart Institute, part of KentuckyOne Health, and the American Heart Association have partnered with the Girl Scouts of Kentucky’s Wilderness Road Council to educate young girls about their hearts and how to keep them healthy.
The three have teamed up to create the Go Red Girl Scout Patch program to raise awareness of heart disease and the risks that it poses for women.
Local Girl Scouts will unveil the new patch, designed specifically for them and provide details of the program.
WHAT: Go Red Girl Scout Patch Unveiling/Announcement
WHEN: Thursday, August 29, 2013
WHERE: Saint Joseph Hospital
St Joseph Drive, Lexington
· Dr. Sylvia Cerel-Suhl, past president, Central Kentucky chapter of the American Heart Association
· Pat Dalbey, board chair, Central Kentucky chapter of the American Heart Association
· Susan Hansell, CEOGirl Scouts of Kentucky’s Wilderness Road Council
· Robert Salley, M.D., executive director of Cardiovascular Services for Saint Joseph Hospital Saint Joseph Hospital
· Regan Judd, heart disease survivor, national Go Red For Women spokeswoman and former Girl Scout