VNA Nazareth Home Care Mental Health services provide care for the chronically mentally ill; people with Alzheimer's disease and related dementia; and children, adults and geriatric paients with mental or emotional problems. For more than 25 years, the program has improved the quality of life for patients and their families and decreased the frequency of hospitalization.
- Assessment services include home evaluation, mental status and overall physical health evaluation, medical effectiveness and safety.
- Education services include medication instruction, training for family and caregivers in the home and parenting skills.
- Treatments include individual/family counseling, administration of medications, monitoring of drug levels, compliance with medications and assistance in developing coping and daily living skills.
Expert care of patients with disorders including:
- Major Depression
- Personality Disorder
- Oppositional Defiant Disorder
- Chemical Dependency
- Bipolar Disorder
- Eating Disorder
- Conduct Disorder
- Anxiety Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder
Mental Health Staff
- Mental Health Nurses are specially trained and experienced in adult and child psychiatry.
- Medical Social Workers provide assistance with community resources.
- Chaplain provides pastoral counseling.
For further information, call (502) 581-8621 or (800) 346-4577.
Click here the Mental Health Brochure.