Health Technology & Informatics Council (HTIC)
Click to learn more about the climbing rose.
The Health Technology & Informatics Council is the newest council in the shared governance model. The first meeting in January 2012 began an exciting journey of the collaboration of nursing and information technology.
The HTIC supports the mission of the Shared Governance Model by providing a critical connection between all levels of nursing and information technology through promoting
- Awareness of the nursing role in information technology
- Development of nursing informatics competencies
- Provision of educational resources
- Coordination of staff feedback regarding technology in the clinical environment
- Collaboration with information technology to develop an electronic health record (EHR) essential for improving outcomes and delivering world class quality healthcare.
- Assess gaps between system and clinical alignment; and assess staff competencies in informatics and computer technology in order to:
- Facilitate changes to narrow these gaps.
- Improve processes and workflows.
- Increase staff participation in informatics activities that impact nursing work flow
- Encourage and Facilitate open communication among disciplines that utilize information systems and/or the information they provide for clinical administrative, education and research activities.
- Mission and values of Shared Governance Model
- Go-live activities and education of staff with new applications and upgrades.
2013 Meeting Calendar
Health Technology & Informatics Council Charter
Health Technology & Informatics Newsletter
Alliance on Nursing Informatics – ANIA-CARING is a nursing informatics organization
American Health Information Management Information-AHIMA
Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society- HIMSS, US not-for-profit organization dedicated to promoting a better understanding of health care information and management systems.