Starting your Career in Nursing
Interested in starting your career in nursing and wondering where to begin? KentuckyOne Health Louisville Area Facilitiesoffers financial assistance to aid in completion of your RN certification as well as a variety of student jobs that will allow you work in a healthcare setting and enhance your clinical skills.
Flexible full-time, part-time and pool (a commitment of 24 hours per month) positions as nursing assistants, unit secretaries, monitor techs or registrars are available and include tuition assistance benefits.
Educational Loan Opportunities
- We offer financial assistance to aid in completion of RN education (ASN or BSN)
- Students welcome to apply January through October
- Opportunity to participate in Extern program during the summer prior to graduation
- Learn more
Our nursing summer extern program is an eight-week paid externship completed the summer before graduation and offered every May. Learn more.
- Flexible positions as nursing assistant, unit secretary, or monitor techs to enhance skills in a clinical setting
- Part time or full time opportunities with benefits including tuition assistance
- Pool positions with a commitment of 3 shifts per month
How Do I Get Started Into Nursing?
- Decide whether you want a 2-year (ASN) or a 4-year (BSN) degree. Both degrees will prepare you for all types of bedside nursing as an RN. If you see yourself pursuing management, education or human resources, typically a BSN is required.
- Talk to an admission counselor to assist with class scheduling.
- Contact local colleges and universities to learn about the programs they offer and contact their nursing education department head for more information.
Still not sure what the next step is? Contact Stephanie Thompson, Nurse Recruiter at Stephanie.Thompson@KentuckyOneHealth.org for further information.